Application deadline: Application completed by 5:00 p.m. on February 17, 2016.
Prepare the following information in advance of submitting your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review.
- One-page statement of purpose explaining why you want to attend this residency
- Work samples:
- For artists submitting images: 10 digital images of your work are required. All images should be formatted as jpegs with a minimum width of 800 pixels and a maximum of 1024 pixels per side, saved at a resolution of 72 dpi. Name your image files as follows: lastnamefirstnamenumber.jpg (i.e. smithjohn1.jpg, smithjohn2.jpg). Do not include any spaces, dashes, or other symbols when labeling your images. Image information, including title, date, media, and physical dimensions of each piece, must be supplied in the space below each image upload.
- For time based/ new media work: Supply URLs for 3 video or sound pieces. Submit links through YouTube. The selection committee may review only a small portion of time-based work. Please consider this when selecting your work to be reviewed.
- For writers or scholars: 2-3 writing samples that are one to two pages long. Save your 2-3 submissions into one document.
- All submissions must have been completed within the last three years.
- All documents listed above should be saved as a Word document or a PDF.
- Complete application form below.
- Upload documents: resume, statement of purpose.
- Upload video submissions (time based/ new media applicants only) or writing samples (writing applicants only). Skip this step if you are applying with images.
- Upload image (if you are applying with images) using the “Browse” button. Type all image information on the following line. After each image upload is completed, continue in the same manner until all 10 images are uploaded.
- Click “Submit”.
Questions? Review the More Information tab on the Pace House page of the MECA website. If your questions are not answered there, call Jill Dalton, Associate Director of Artists at Work and Director of Alumni Relations at 207.699.5018 or email email@example.com.
* indicates a required field